The DARTdrones Team is thrilled to officially announce the third round of their Public Safety Grant Program. DARTdrones Grant Committee will now be accepting applications through Monday, August 26th, 2019.
About DARTdrones Public Safety Grant Program
In February 2018, DARTdrones announced the launch of their first ever Public Safety Grant Program. During this first round, the team pledged $100,000 in drone training grants to public safety organizations as a way to give back and to honor the one-year anniversary of their appearance on ABC’s Shark Tank.
Within the first month of Round One being launched, DARTdrones awarded funding to over 40 public safety departments around the country. In the conclusion of Round One, the drone training company ended up pledging over $300,000 in free drone training to over 80 police and fire departments.
DARTdrones sees a huge value, from both a safety and operational standpoint, in implementing public safety drones. The team also believes every department should have the opportunity to utilize drone technology in its daily operations. With those points taken into consideration, and the desire to help diminish the financial barrier with starting a public safety drone program, DARTdrones increased their funding by 200% within Round One, and decided to then launch a second round of funding in August 2018.
The DARTdrones Public Safety Grant provides full or partial funding to departments hoping to learn to utilize drones. Grant funding is offered for courses such as Part 107 Test Prep Training, Basic Flight Training, Real World Flight Planning & Execution Program and private, on-site public safety drone training.
With over $400,000 in grant funding and 187 public safety departments awarded in Rounds One and Two, the team is thrilled to commit an additional $100,000 for the launch of Round Three, open now through Monday, August 26th, 2019.
How to Apply For a Public Safety Grant
- Click here to begin your department’s grant application.
- Once that initial application is submitted, you will receive an email with the complete DARTdrones Public Safety Grant application process.
- After your application is submitted, the DARTdrones Grant Committee will review and reach out after August 26th.
- Please note, Round Three of DARTdrones Public Safety Grant closes on Monday, August 26th, 2019.
DARTdrones Public Safety Grant Recipients
Some of the 187 departments awarded grant funding in Rounds One and Two.
- Arab Police Department
- Arlington County Fire Department
- Artesia Police Department
- Atlantic City Police
- Bell County Rescue Squad
- Blue Springs Police Department
- California Department of Fish & Wildlife
- Central Valley HIDTA
- Cheshire County Sheriff’s Office
- Cheswold Volunteer Fire Company
- City of Beacon Police Department
- City of Bryan Fire Department
- City of Manchester Police Department & Clay County School Board
- Colchester Fire Department
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife
- Cherry Creek State Park
- Corona Police Department
- Day County Search and Rescue
- Demarest PD
- Department of Emergency Services Chester County PA
- DuBoistown Fire Department
- Endwell Fire
- Factoryville Fire Company
- Farmington Hills Police Dept
- Flagler Beach Police Department
- Flagstaff P. D.
- Florida Atlantic University
- Gilt Edge Volunteer Fire Department
- Glassboro OEM
- Golden Valley Police Department
- Grand County Sheriff’s Office
- Greensboro Fire Department
- Hamden Police Department
- Hamilton County Emergency
- Harnett County Sheriff’s Office
- Hershey Volunteer Fire Department
- Huntley Police Department
- Jackson County Sheriff Dept
- Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office (SWAT)
- Jones County Sheriff’s Office
- Kansas City, Missouri Police department
- Kernersville Police Department
- Keyport Police Department
- Killeen Police Department
- Laguna Beach Police Department
- Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office
- Manchester Emergency Management
- Manitowoc Police Department
- Marshall County Drug Task Force
- Martinsville Fire & EMS
- Midwest City Police Department
- Milford Police Department
- N Okaloosa CERT
- Nashua Police Department, Iowa
- Nashua Police Department, New Hampshire
- Newton County Sheriff’s Office
- Niles Police
- Number One Volunteer Fire Department
- Ocean Shores Police Department
- Orange CT
- Paris Fire Department
- Plainfield Police Dept.
- San Marcos Pass Volunteer Fire Department
- Sanilac County Sheriff’s Office
- Sharon Fire Department
- Sharon Police Department
- Solomons VRSFD
- Spotswood Police Department
- St Michaels Fire Department
- St. John’s Fire District
- State Attorney’s Offcie 4th Judicial Circuit
- Surf City Fire Department
- Town of Greenburgh Police Department
- Vermont State Police
- Vigilant Hose Company No. 1 of Port Vue, PA
- Warrensburg Fire Department
- Washington County Department of Public Safety
- Washington Volunteer Fire Department
- West Valley City Police Department
- Westborough Police Department
- Wicksburg Volunteer Fire Rescue Department Inc.
- Yarmouth Police Department
For questions about DARTdrones drone training courses or the Public Safety Grant Program, please call 800-264-3907 or email [email protected]