Start a Drone Business with DARTdrones
DARTdrones training has helped hundreds of drone pilots start drone businesses, putting them on track for success in this evolving industry. Our courses include guidance on how to find and market to customers, training on how to fly popular drone platforms, and classes that teach you what you need to know to be compliant with commercial FAA drone regulations.
As the drone industry continues to grow, more and more pilots are need to fly missions that:
- Produce high-resolution maps of construction sites
- Capture dramatic aerial footage for television or movie productions
- Support the expansion of the 5G mobile network with tower inspection flights
- Capture data for insurance companies after a hurricane
- Assist commercial roof inspectors with thermal imaging data capture
- And much more
Many new drone entrepreneurs open their own LLC as a way to get experience as a contracted drone pilot. As they start to specialize and add mission specific flights to their menu of services, pilots typically go from offering their services in their free time to becoming a full time drone pilot. From there, many drone entrepreneurs aspire to eventually use their newly gained expertise to be hired as a full time pilot for large enterprise drone programs. As these large enterprise drone programs continue to grow, the demand for experienced drone pilots continues to increase.
DARTdrones training and curriculum is designed to set you up for success whether that means becoming a part-time drone pilot in your free time, running a fully functioning business, or aquiring the qualifications to be hired full-time. Our training program features:
- Flexible in-person training on the weekends
- Online classes at your own pace
- Live and recorded webinars with experts in the drone industry
- Tips on finding new customers
What Current Drone Entrepreneurs Are Charging*
- "$12,000 for monthly monitoring of a construction site over the course of 2 years."
- "$8,000 for construction progress tracking over 12 days of work."
- "$3,000 per day for mapping and modeling missions."
- "$1,000 for real estate photography for 4 hours of work over 2 days and 1 hour of post production."
- "$10,000 for mapping a 10 mile corridor for a proposed pipeline for a local engineering company for 5 days of flying and 2 weeks of processing."
- "$23,000 for oil and gas infrastructure inspections."
- "$3,000 for roof inspections over 4 weeks."
We recommend drone entrepreneurs get started by completing our Starting a Drone Business Package
1. Basic Flight Training(reg. $580)Become a professional-level flyer
Starting with Basic Flight Training will increase your piloting competence and give you a firm foundation for your company. You will learn how to calibrate, fly, and land your drone in different conditions, master drone platforms and software, and learn best practices and regulations.
2. Part 107 Test Prep(reg. $670)Pass your Part 107 exam
All commercial pilots are required by law to have a Part 107 Certification. While it’s difficult to study and pass on your own, DARTdrones provides in-person and online prep classes to help you be successful. Our alumni have a 99% pass rate and we provide the Part 107 Money Back Guarantee.* *See details in the FAQ.
3. Real World Flight Planning and Execution(reg. $399)Gain real-world expertise
Flying a drone in the real world means dealing with weather, hazardous environments, and competition for airspace. The Real-World Flight Planning and Execution Program takes you through 14 scenario-based e-learning courses designed to prepare you to risk assess and ready you for successful sUAS missions.
4. Starting a Drone Business(reg. $300)Create your business
Are you stumped about how to create your LLC, make a business plan, or market your business to clients in your region? Our online Starting a Drone Business class takes you through each step.
5. Aerial Drone Inspections Workshop(reg. $1490)mm
The Starting a Drone Business Package is offered in 30+ cities
The nation's leader in drone training
Our instructors have manned aviation experience flying airplanes and helicopters and have gained the highest drone piloting recognitions in the industry. Many own successful UAS businesses themselves.
As featured on ABC's Shark Tank, we are the nation's leading drone training company with an extensive network of alumni and partners throughout the country.
150+Hours of Material
Created and refined by UAS training experts, including our Director of Training, who is a UAS Navy Curriculum Developer and former Navy helicopter pilot.
With a community of over 50,000 drone enthusiasts across the US and internationally, DARTdrones is at the forefront of UAS technology.
Next, Complete Advanced Training
Once you’ve completed the Starting a Drone Business Package, complete advanced training to gain specialization and get more jobs!
Trusted Operator Program Level 1 (Online)
- Earn global recognition for your dedication to safety, advanced unmanned pilot skills and reliability.
- Master real-world weather and airspace assessments.
- Gain experience with the apps and programs used in the professional drone services industry.
- Learn how to conduct advanced site assessments.
Trusted Operator Program Level 2
- Gain the highest drone piloting certification offered in the industry.
- Learn preflight planning, on-site assessment, mitigating in-flight risk SOP, and maintenance.
- Take a full day of advanced instructor-led, hands-on training.
- Undertake a TOP Level II Practical Flight Evaluation.
Disaster Response (Online)
- Learn how to aid in search and rescue efforts using thermal imaging tools for drones.
- Find out how to conduct inspections for insurance companies.
- Discover how to capture high-quality drone footage for broadcast media.
- Learn the regulations and restrictions for disaster scenarios that apply to drone pilots.
Night Flight Package (Online)
- Discover how to perform commercial sUAS operations at night.
- Learn about night physiology and how to adjust for optimal drone data capture.
- Find out how to fill out an FAA waiver for night flight correctly the first time.
- Learn special techniques to use to capture images at night.
Aerial Drone Inspections Workshop
- Learn to gather high-definition imagery of roofs, structures, infrastructure, and other areas where damage can occur.
- Gain valuable experience with the software and hardware necessary to complete professional structural inspections.
- Find out how you can use thermal technology to identify water damage, faulty electrical components, and insulation degradation.