Learn to utilize drones for refinery inspections.
Develop the skills you need to fly drones for advanced missions in our 5 Day Aerial Refinery Inspections Workshop.
Upcoming WorkshopsSorry, no upcoming dates in this location. Please try a different location above.
Organizations who trust our training:
Obtain real-world hands-on training using best practices from a curriculum utilized by oil and gas companies and taught by an aerial industrial inspections expert. Understand how to efficiently utilize the drone and collect valuable data.
After this course, you’ll be qualified to use your drone to conduct multiple oil and gas aerial missions including data collection, mapping and modeling, HazMat, industrial inspections, and thermography missions.
The 5 Day Aerial Refinery Inspections Workshop is ideal for:
Current Oil and Gas Professionals
This training has been utilized by Fortune 500 oil and gas companies.
Oil and Gas Drone Inspections Service Providers
This training has been utilized by drone inspections service providers looking to expand their drone team.
Oil and gas aerial inspections is an incredibly lucrative market that requires very specific skills and knowledge. Set yourself apart with this class.
5 days of intensive aerial refinery inspections workshop
- System Overview & Setup
- System Software
- Flight Walk-Through
- Outdoor Flight Session: Basic sUA Maneuvering / Close Proximity LOS Flight
- Emergency Situations & Procedures Review
- Outdoor Flight Session: Outdoor Flight Session: Emergency Procedures / Medium Range FPV Flight
- Intro to Aerial Photogrammetry
- Creating a Mapping Flight Plan
- Flight Execution
- 3D Modeling
- Outdoor Flight Session: Collecting Mapping and Modeling Data
- Using the Map Engine
- Outdoor Flight Session: Collecting 3D Data
- Introduction to SiteScan
- Common Processing Issues
- Map Accuracy
- Outdoor Flight Session: Mapping with GCPs and D-RTK
- Aerial Inspection Techniques
- Capturing Quality Imagery
- Site Hazards
- Outdoor Flight Session: Inspection Profiles
- Preflight Planning
- On-Site Assessment
- Crew Coordination
- Outdoor Flight Session: Crew Coordination
- Thermal Imaging Basics
- IR Image Quality
- Operating the H20T IR Camera
- Outdoor Flight Session: Collecting IR Imagery
- IR Inspection
- sUAS Night Flight and Physiology
- Night Flight Execution
- Outdoor Flight Session: IR Inspection and Night Operations
- Intro to sUAS Emergency Response
- Emergency Response Steps
- Go / No Go Decision Making
- HazMat Flight Execution
- Outdoor Flight Session: Emergency Response
- M-300 Regular Maintenance
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Outdoor Flight Session: Final Flight
What You Get
- 5 days of in-person training
- 11 hands-on flight sessions
- Training curriculum utilized by nation's leading oil and gas companies
- Access to industrial inspections expert
- Extensive class workbook
Upcoming Aerial Refinery Inspections Workshop Dates
Our curriculum was designed by experts.
Learn from instructors who have trained and flown extensively for drone refinery inspections.
Amelia OwreFire Scout UAS Curriculum Developer, Navy Helicopter Pilot
A former Navy helicopter pilot, Amelia flew the SH-60F, HH-60H & MH-60S before transitioning to unmanned systems. She spent 5 years developing curriculum & training for the Navy’s MQ-8 Fire Sco ut UAS, & continues to instruct UAS operators as a current Naval reservist. Amelia is a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy & holds a Commercial Pilot Certificate.
Why complete the Aerial Refinery Inspections Workshop with DARTdrones?
Learn a Specialized Skill
Oil and gas companies will be using drones in the future. Become the drone expert in your organization.
Live Access to Critical Infrastructure Instructor
The training is live with one of our expert instructors. You will learn from their real world experiences flying refineries and critical infrastructure.
Tried and Tested Curriculum
This curriculum has been tried and tested on drone pilots from Fortune 500 oil and gas companies.