Took the online course offered by DARTdrones to prepare for the Part 107 Exam. Went in today and finished the test in just over an hour. Extremely happy to announce that I PASSED with an 85% score! This course helped me tremendously. Thank you, DARTdrones.Brad Miller
Pass the drone pilot license exam with flying colors.
Built by top U.S. military pilots for busy professionals
with little-to-no drone experience, this is serious Part 107 preparation—made easy!
- Fun and easy to understand, yet comprehensive.
- Relentlessly precise and up-to-date with the FAA, this course delivers solid exam preparation you can rely on.
- Seamless, hi-def multi-media content make lessons convenient and enjoyable across devices—any time, anywhere.
- Freedom to study at your own pace, with six months of unlimited, on-demand access.
This online course includes
Interactive Online Part 107 Test Prep
300 Part 107 Test Questions
45+ Page Student Guide
Real Time Updates to Course Curriculum
Access to Our Chief Pilot for Questions
Course Narrated By Navy Helicopter Pilot
Developed by our elite team of drone experts.
The FAA’s commercial drone exam can be intimidating for beginners with no prior aviation experience. Our curriculum development team brings decades of UAV and manned aircraft experience to the table. You get thorough, up-to-date exam preparation you can rely on in a fun, easy-to-do format.
Curriculum Developer for the US Navy’s UAS Program
Retired Firefighter and FAA Ground School Instructor
Get ready to ace your Part 107 exam today.
Sign up now to activate your online account and gain instant access to all of our Part 107 lessons, videos, study guides, and more for 6 months. We look forward to getting you launched and training as a Certified UAS Pilot.Enroll Now
I just passed the Part 107 test! Thanks to DARTdrones for the courses, materials, and email follow-ups to my questions! Nobody could possibly succeed at this test on their own. DARTdrones did an incredible job in getting me prepped for the test.Jim Zura Zura Productions
I received an 85% and passed!! The online test prep was very useful. I would recommend the DARTdrones online Part 107 Test Prep Course to anyone who is looking to pass their UAG.Ben Weeks Skyframe Aerial
Thanks to the help from Abby and her gang, I passed my Part 107 exam a week after taking their online course. I can’t thank them enough. I continue to recommend DARTdrones to all my customers.Roger Kapsalis CEO Brooklyn Drones NYC
Part 107 Test PrepCourse Curriculum
- Lesson 1Regulations Under Part 107
- Drone Pilot In Command
- Registration Requirements
- Eligibility Requirements
- Conditions for Safe Operations
- Waiver Policy
- Lesson 2Airspace Classifications
- National Airspace System
- Air Traffic Control
- Clearances and Permissions
- Uncontrolled Airspace
- Controlled Airspace
- Lesson 3Aviation Weather for Drone Pilots
- Internet Weather Briefings
- Flight Planning with Weather
- Reading METARS
- Stages of a Thunderstorm
- Types Cloud Formations
- Lesson 4Flight Restrictions
- Restricted Areas
- Filing NOTAMS
- Special Use Airspace
- Military Training Routes
- VFR versus IFR Flight Rules
- Lesson 5Airport Operations for Drone Pilots
- Operating Near an Airport
- Traffic Patterns
- Determining Airspace with Sectional Chart
- Runway Markings
- Lesson 6Radio Communications for sUAS Pilots
- Controlled Tower Communication Procedures
- Phonetic Alphabet
- Airport Terminal Information Service
- Self-Announcing Procedures
- Common Traffic Advisory Frequency
- Lesson 7Loading and Performance for Unmanned Aircraft
- Center of Gravity
- Balance and Stability
- Performance Data Predictions
- Aircraft Loading Procedures
- Maintenance Procedures
- Lesson 8Crew Resource Management and Aeronautical Decision Making
- Requirements of Pilot In Command
- Situational Awareness
- Hazardous Attitudes
- Effective Communcation
- Task Management for Drone Pilots
- Lesson 9Hazards to Unmanned Flight
- Reporting In-Flight Emergencies
- Fail Safe Procedures
- Airborne Inspections
- Wildlife Hazards
- Lithium Battery Hazards
- Lesson 10Physiology for Drone Pilots Under Part 107
- Impacts of Drugs and Alcohol
- Vision Impairment
- Determining Fitness for Flight
- Physiological Considerations
- Part 107 Regulations Requirements
- Lesson 11Preparing for the Part 107 Exam
- Registering for Airman Knowledge Test
- 300 FAA Part Test Questions
- Best Study Practices
- Applying on IACRA
- Applying for Remote Pilot Certificate
Part 107 Test Prep FAQs
What is Part 107? Why do I need it? How do I get it?
In August of 2016, the FAA launched new rules for commercial drone pilots under the FAA regulations called Part 107. The new rules allow people interested in flying their drones for a profit or commercial use to gain a license from the FAA to fly their drone for commercial purposes after passing a 60 question, 2 hour exam offered at an FAA testing center. (The old rules used to require a 333 exemption and a manned aircraft pilot’s license. This is no longer necessary.) Someone new to aviation could commit 15 – 20 hours of study time and be ready to pass their exam. The cost to take the exam is $150, paid to the testing center. DARTdrones does not offer locations to take the exam, but it’s really easy to book it at one of the FAA’s 690 testing centers across the country. Once you pass the exam, you get your certificate within a few weeks and are able to fly commercially.
How long do I have access to the Part 107 Test Prep Course?
Drone pilots have access to our course for six months.
How long is the online Part 107 Drone Pilot Test Prep course?
The course is completed at your own pace, but you can expect to commit 8 – 15 hours before feeling ready to take your exam. The 300-plus practice test questions can take several hours to complete.
Why should I choose DARTdrones for my FAA Part 107 Test Prep?
DARTdrones is the national leader in drone training. This course was developed by a leading curriculum developer in the drone industry with input from our over 40 Flight Instructors.
What comes with the Part 107 Drone Pilot Test Prep course?
The course includes extensive video-based training curriculum, a 45-plus page student guide, over 300 practice test questions, advanced learning management technology, and access to our Chief Pilot for any questions.
Have Questions? Contact Our Experts Today
Call Us Today1.800.264.3907