Welcome to DARTdrones Drone Pilot Training School, “Shark Tank” viewers! You may have seen Co-Founder and CEO, Abby Speicher, on a special episode featuring millennial entrepreneurs that aired February 24, 2017. Since “Shark Tank” was filmed, DARTdrones has been rapidly growing with new curriculum, employees, offices, and so much more. We are thrilled to share an insider look at how our drone pilot training start-up has changed in less than a year!
More Than Doubled Our Flight Instructor Count
DARTdrones now has more than 40 flight instructors. Since “Shark Tank” filmed, we’ve added several manned aircraft pilots to our drone pilot training team who have impressive resumes, including:
- Karl Schwab, a Marine Corps veteran who is licensed commercially in multi- and single-engine planes.
- Randy Eary, who has been a private pilot since 2002.
- Jack McIntosh, who holds a private pilot certificate with an instrument rating.
- Jerry White, who has flown commercially and as a corporate pilot.
All of these instructors teach drone license courses to prepare students for the FAA Part 107 exam as well as hands-on drone pilot training courses.
Drone Pilot Training Now in 40+ Cities
DARTdrones now offers classes in more than 40 cities. We’ve doubled what we offered since Abby Speicher aired on “Shark Tank”. We now offer drone pilot training and drone license courses in the following cities:
7 New Courses and More to Come
When Abby went into the Tank, DARTdrones only offered their in-person flight training course. After filming “Shark Tank”, DARTdrones knew many people would wonder how to become a drone pilot. The company realized there was a need for drone license courses and other types of drone pilot training courses for new and advanced UAV pilots. The drone pilot training company created new curriculum and added a number of classes, including:
- Drones for Beginners: The company knew a lot of ‘Shark Tank’ viewers would be interested in learning more about the drone industry, which drone is right for them, and exactly how to become a drone pilot. This $19.99 course is a fun video-based course narrated by our CEO, Abby Speicher.
- In-Person Part 107 Test Prep: This in-person drone license course teaches students how to get their FAA commercial drone license with one of our expert instructors.
- Online Part 107 Test Prep: A comprehensive online course which teaches students how to get a commercial drone license.
- Starting a Drone Business under Part 107: After creating curriculum about how to become a drone pilot, DARTdrones wanted to teach students how to become a drone entrepreneur as well. This online course will do just that!
- Aerial Photography: An online course which will teach students how to use their drone to capture stunning photography.
- Aerial Mapping and Modeling Workshop: A new two-day intensive workshop teaching Aerial Mapping and Modeling.
- Aerial Roof Inspections Workshop: A new two-day intensive workshop teaching Aerial Mapping and Modeling.
New Drone Consulting Program
DARTdrones drone pilot training school also offers consulting for businesses and government teams with services including equipment procurement and system design, developing standard operating procedures manuals and UAS integration plans, and submission of airspace authorizations and waivers.
Over 7,000+ Students
With so many new cities, instructors, and courses since “Shark Tank” filmed, DARTdrones has reached more students than ever before. We’ve now had more than 7,000 students take our drone license, hands-on drone pilot training, and advanced training classes from various organizations across the country.
A Growing Team
DARTdrones’ staff has grown immensely since “Shark Tank”, adding professionals to our Human Resources, Marketing, Curriculum and Sales departments. Our website developer has been working hard over the past few months to revamp our website. Make sure you check out his nice work: www.dartdrones.com
New Office Location in Salt Lake City, UT
At DARTdrones, we love creating industry-leading curriculum for new students wondering how to become a drone pilot as well as advanced pilots looking the elevate their careers with more intensive drone pilot training. We wanted to be able to keep up with the needs of the rapidly growing UAS industry, so what better way to bring the company to a new level than opening a new West Coast office! The new office has already expanded the company’s team by adding six new members, including multiple sales professionals, an instructional designer, and our VP of Strategy and Business Development.